Asphalt Paver (Vernon, BC) in Kelowna, British Columbia
Edit your ad
Posted: February 2012
Other: The ad is older than 3 months.
Our client in Vernon is searching for an experienced Paver to become a permanent employee.
* You will inspect, clean, maintain, and repair equipment, using mechanics' hand tools, or report malfunctions to supervisors.
* Operate machines to spread, smooth, level, or steel-reinforce stone, concrete, or asphalt on road beds.
* Operate oil distributors, loaders, chip spreaders, dump trucks, and snow plows.
* Coordinate truck dumping.
* Set up and tear down equipment.
* Operate tamping machines or manually roll surfaces to compact earth fills, foundation forms, and finished road materials, according to grade specifications.
* Shovel blacktop.
* Drive machines onto truck trailers, and drive trucks to transport machines and material to and from job sites.
* Observe distribution of paving material in order to adjust machine settings or material flow, and indicate low spots for workers to add material.
* Set up forms and lay out guidelines for curbs, according to written specifications, using string, spray paint, and concrete/water mixes.
* Fill tanks, hoppers, or machines with paving materials.
* Drive and operate curbing machines to extrude concrete or asphalt curbing.
* Cut or break up pavement and drive guardrail posts, using machines equipped with interchangeable hammers.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; but only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Location: Vernon, BC
Compensation: $30 to 40/hour + benefits
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.